Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Tempest!

Yay! So here I am again for my second post! *kaching* (>w<) Wow, I'm starting to get the hang of it :)

Anyways, today we had band class at school and we're having this so-called "Mini Band Blast" at Andrew Mynarski. 
*Band Blast is an event wherein two or more different school bands all gather to play and perform a musical piece they've never played before.*
Supposedly, there will be more schools attending this, but something came up and it was cancelled. I originally didn't wanna come, but hey, more experience, right? 
This morning, Mr. V (our band teacher, of course) announced to us the musical piece we'll be playing. The real plan was that we should learn and play the given music sheet exactly on Band Blast. But as you can see, our teacher was kind enough to kind-of cheat and gave us the opportunity to learn it earlier. I know, I know, it`s cheating but thats my teacher's fault. (^_^)

As a matter of fact, the musical piece was really nice and it seems that all of us band members loved it! The title of the music is "The Tempest."



Isn't it nice? I'm no music freak or anything but I really liked it. It sounds so powerful and epic! It sounds really familiar though, nee? Actually, this music reminds me of the battle theme that you hear during RPG games. Especially the part where you have to fight a BIG BOSS. Haha! I don't know why but that's what I think of. The same opinion comes from my friends. (^_^)

Now I'm really excited for the Band Blast! Can you imagine me playing this in flute? It'll sound so cool! 8D *BTW, I play the flute in band, just saying.. hehe :)*
Well, I'm not saying I'm really that pro in flute but when we practiced it a while ago, I was able to play the right notes and it sounded really cool, along with the clarinets and all. Yay! I really can't wait! I hope I don't mess up in the actual Band Blast! Ganbarimanu! (^0^)/


No comments:

Post a Comment