Thursday 26 May 2011

Band Blast!~

Today, we had our Annual Mini Band Blast at Andrew Mynarski! *applause* \(^_^)/
Yaaay!!~ It was my very first Band Blast, and I must say, I had a lot of fun! :D Now that I think about it, it was surprisingly, ridiculously fun! Haha! Never thought it would be that crazy fun. At first, it was really nerve-wracking to play along with the AMVC Band since they all look so... pro.
Anyways, what made Band Blast heck a lot better is the teachers. *smiles* (^_^) I am SERIOUS! Especially Andrew's Band teacher, Mr. Welheim. (I think that's how you spell it.) He's ridiculously funny.... and perverted. 
He has a lot of jokes, which are kind of inappropriate. But they're still funny. For short, PG 13+. Haha! Just kidding. Anyhow, he said, "Whatever happens in the Band Room, stays in the Band Room." So, I shall shut up now. XD The same goes for my Band teacher, Mr. VanderHout. *Why are most Band teachers like that?!* (> <)


So we started with The Tempest. Worked out well, thank goodness. And Andrew Band was really good and it sounded A LOT better when we played it together with them, especially since they have more people and instruments. *It's true, the more, the merrier.*


Then after we practiced The Tempest, the two most-ridiculous-teachers-I-have-ever-known started to do their "show-offs" : Mr. W with the flute, and Mr. V with the saxophone. Gee, these dudes are good and pro! No wonder they're Band teachers now. And I had a feeling that they thought this was their best time to shine! Haha!
Put that aside, it was our school's turn to play whatever we practiced, consider it as our "failed show-off". We played The March of the Irish Guard and Two English Dances: Shepherd's Hey & Country Gardens. I think it turned out pretty well, but I think we messed up on most parts. Haha! Hey! There were only 15 people or so who came, so what you'd expect?! XD



Of course, we didn't sound as well as them, not even close, but I think we did pretty well.. ? Haha!

AMVC Band played five pieces: Ritual Dance, Declaration and Dance, A Childhood Hymn, African |Folk #2, and Jai Ho. I like all of them but my fave was Jai Ho! They did so much better than us! They like, pawned us the moment they played their pieces. *sigh* (_ _") Oh well, we'll just have to do better, nee?

Band Blast was really fun! I hope I can join again next year, and I hope by then, we'll sound much better not individually, but as a whole band.
 Ganbarimasu! (^0^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment